Tag Archives: Henry Andrews zoo keeper

Liverpool Zoological Gardens

Sadly, no trace remains of Liverpool Zoological Gardens, “a place of favourite and fashionable resort” in its day, which graced the south-side of West Derby Road beyond the old Necropolis from 1833 to 1865. Indeed, there are few relics nowadays … Continue reading

Posted in Historical, Liverpool, Liverpool Past and Present, Urban History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment