Tag Archives: Society for the Suppression of Vicious Practices

Liverpool Zoological Gardens

Sadly, no trace remains of Liverpool Zoological Gardens, “a place of favourite and fashionable resort” in its day, which graced the south-side of West Derby Road beyond the old Necropolis from 1833 to 1865. Indeed, there are few relics nowadays … Continue reading

Posted in Historical, Liverpool, Liverpool Past and Present, Urban History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment